Skip to main content

Leap Day 2020

I’ll tell you friends, yesterday – Leap Day – I spent several hours not only reading but also devising a new writing plan for 2020, what a great way to spend the extra day!

In this revised plan of mine I'm dedicating more time to romance writing, journaling and submitting to magazines. Admittedly, I've been stagnant for a while and for my own sanity (as artists we need to give the creative outlet room, lots of room) I need to write and often. Adding to my excitement is knowing that the romance writing community is being revitalized; there’s light at the end of the tunnel, folks.

In closing, I want to remind my followers that my quarterly newsletter will be published at the end of this month, so please subscribe if you haven’t already. Oh, and as a thank you for signing up you’ll be able to download a free flash fiction story.

Happy Sunday!

Maria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading is FUNdamental!

As writers we hear this all the time, “If you want to be a better writer, you need to be a better reader.” And this is very true. But also true is that in reading we need to do so effectively. Yes, effectively. See, reading well can help make a huge difference in the quality of work you produce. Here are three tips to ensure you’re getting the most out of your reading experience, 1) Be sure to read books you enjoy. Unless you enjoy the classics (e.g. Austen, Dickens, Hemingway, etc.) reading mandatory novels some of which you may particularly enjoy might be counterintuitive. Reading should be a pleasure so read books that you like this way you’re sure to read more. 2) Read the type of material you aspire to produce. Find an author or two or three that you admire and read as much of their work as possible; devour their work actually.  3) Keep a good log of the books you’ve read. Voracious readers alike can tell you that they may not remember the books ...

Calgon...take me away!

Family/Friends, I understand now why some companies/celebreties hire people to tend to their Social Media networking, it is very time consuming, not to mention mentally exhausting. Point in case, just today I spent over an hour on Blogger and YouTube working out some kinks with my profile/settings. My head's spinning and I'm pooped. On the topic of Social Media, I'd like to take a moment to thank my daughter, Pamela for acting as a consultant on the topic. Pamela works in the field and has actually helped launch my first AdWords campaign. Although it is progressing slowly, I have seen an increase in site ( www.mywritingden.net ) traffic and Twitter - 10 new followers in a week. I've also been receiving sporadic emails from 'fans' telling me how much they enjoy my stories...so this keeps me going. Ohhh, and a VERY notable mention to Linus Ly who gave me the idea to use a 'new' slogan Erotica, She Wrote . Liked it so much I'm already using it. T...

T-Minus

Family/Friends, I'm six and a half days way from going into a NaNoWriMo 'leave of absence'. Yep, this means the Flash Fiction Friday section of my website will be on hold until 12/7.  Also, I don't expect to be online much (Twitter or Facebook), but will check email periodically. On a side note, I want to say thanks to those of you who have recently signed up to this blog, I appreciate you.  Oh, and thank you also to those folks who have visited this site from Russia,  Sweden, and Malaysia. I think that's pretty awe-SOME! Well, that's all for now. Until next time! Maria